2009-07-16

Irish American Heritage Center IrishFest: Chicago IL July 11 2009

(Click Image for Larger View)

Greetings~

You know what makes for a great hooley? The Dooley Brothers, The Larkin and Moran Brothers, Searson, Eileen Ivers and Immigrant Soul, Finbarr Fagan's Band, Kennedy's Kitchen, Fitz and the Celts, The Sandcarvers, Mike Houlihan and The Irish American Heritage Center's Irish Fest in Chicago, that's what!

Me and John Bowles of PaddyRock Radio had a blast this past weekend covering the event ... catching up with old friends and making many new ones, too.

Now, that's a fine craic my friends, sure!







For more coverage of the Fest, click on over to "At the Fest With PaddyRock." To view this entire gallery of our coverage of Saturday at the Fest in all its full-sized glory, you can go right over by here:

Irish American Heritage Center IrishFest 2009: Chicago IL July 11 2009


A big, huge "Celtic Camera" thank out to Ashling, Kathy and the rest of the fine folks at the The Irish American Heritage Center. It goes without saying that I'm eternally grateful to all the fine musicians for allowing me to capture their day, but I'd be remiss if I didn't give a extra special thanks and a big hug to Ms. Eileen Ivers ... not only are you the Queen of the fiddle, but your warmth and generosity made my day and warmed my soul ... Slainte, Eileen!

Cheers,
Gareth — The Celtic Camera Photography

Want to buy a print? Click on the image above and then the shopping cart at the top of the page. Canvas prints, T-shirts, Puzzles, Aprons and other cool stuff also available ... shop around!

1 comment:

Jenda (allthingsnoisy) said...

Some day I will make it to the Chicago and Milwaukee Irish fests. For now, I continue to attend Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh!